It's that time of the year when day trips, road journeys, and holidays are in full swing.
If you're taking your beloved furry companions along, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Incorporate Extra Breaks Factor in additional stops during your journey to allow your pet to stretch their legs and attend to their bathroom needs.
2. Pack Treats Ensure you have a supply of your best friend's preferred treats. These can serve as rewards for good behaviour throughout the trip.
3. Crack the Windows Slightly Partially cracking your car windows by a few centimetres can help balance the air pressure inside and outside the vehicle, reducing the chances of nausea. This practice also promotes ventilation and maintains a comfortable temperature inside the car.
4. Find Pet-Friendly Spots See if there are any pet-friendly cafes, parks, and accommodations along your route, especially if you're planning an overnight stay.
5. Address Nausea If your pet tends to experience car sickness, consult your veterinarian regarding suitable motion sickness medication.
6. Tackle Anxiety Consider bringing a few of your pet's cherished toys on the journey. These items can help alleviate their anxiety while travelling in the car.
7. Prioritise Safety Whenever your companion is in the vehicle with you, make sure they are securely fastened with a harness or enclosed carrier. This is crucial for keeping both you and your pet safe.